Moisés Caicedo: ‘My dream has always been to play for Manchester United‘
Bayern Munich left-back David Alaba is among the potential new recruits, and Ecuadorean midfielder Moises Caicedo is another such name. Summer signing Amad Diallo could join both in Manchester this month with his paperwork finally set to be resolved. Serie A side Atalanta were keen to keep hold of him until the summer but the suggestion is he could be on his way to bolster Solskjaer’s title challengers imminently.
We will have all the latest Manchester United news, rumours and gossip – on both comings and goings – throughout the day.
UNITED COULD TERMINATE LOAN
United are considering the termination of Tahith Chong’s loan at Werder Bremen, according to Fussball Transfers.
The 21-year-old has managed a total of just 439 minutes with the German side so far this season and United are dissatisfied with his development.
Chong could return to Old Trafford if his game time does not increase, with only three Bundesliga starts to his name.
Callum Rice-Coates8 January 2021 15:46
UNITED RECALL CHARLTON LOANEE
Manchester United have recalled Dylan Levitt from his loan at League One side Charlton.
The 20-year-old managed only five appearances in all competitions.
“He has been a pleasure to work with. He’s a very good player. He works hard every day,” Charlton boss Lee Bowyer told the South London Press.
“The thing for me was just the physical side, which will come in time for him. Is he going back better than he came? I think yeah. There’s stuff he has taken on board that I’ve passed on to him and he said himself ‘I feel I’m learning here’. He enjoyed it here.
“He is very good on the ball, a very good passer. Was it a little too early for him? I’d probably say it’s the league that was the problem – not him as a player. It was just the physicality of the league. Other leagues aren’t like that – the Premier League and international football.”
Callum Rice-Coates8 January 2021 15:30
UNITED LOANEE INELIGIBLE FOR FA CUP TIE
James Garner will not feature for Watford against Manchester United tomorrow because the competition’s rules make him ineligible to play against his parent club.
The 19-year-old midfielder is currently on a season-long loan with the Championship side.
But he will not get the chance to impress manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, whose team host Watford in the FA Cup third round on Saturday.
Callum Rice-Coates8 January 2021 15:11
SOLSKJAER CALLS FOR PATIENCE
Callum Rice-Coates8 January 2021 14:55
UNITED UNDECIDED ON DIALLO DEBUT
Manchester United have not yet decided whether Amad Diallo will go straight into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first-team after his arrival from Atalanta was confirmed yesterday, according to the MEN.
The teenager could be eased into the club with the Under-23s, with Solskjaer insisting that he will need “time to settle in”.
“He’s still not been with us in the training group,” the United boss said. “It’s the last bit of paperwork so he can come in. I’m excited by all new players coming in.
“We’ll give him time. I’ve seen there’s been lots of expectations on Amad and rightly so. He’s an exciting player with some fantastic attributes we look forward to developing and giving him the chance to succeed here at Man United.
“It’s important we give him that time to settle in, if it’s going to be in the 23s to play his first few games or if he looks so ready after he’s been training with the first-team and he’ll go straight into that group, I don’t know yet.”
Callum Rice-Coates8 January 2021 14:36
Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has questioned the morality of continuing the season amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Callum Rice-Coates8 January 2021 14:16
IGHALO WILL BE ‘INVOLVED’ AGAINST WATFORD
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that Odion Ighalo will be “involved” against former club Watford on Saturday.
The FA Cup clash could be one of the Nigerian’s final appearances in a United shirt, with his loan set to expire at the end of the month.
“Odion, you know it’s special for him against Watford. He will be involved,” Solskjaer said.
“He’s not lost any of his sharpness or quality. It’s been difficult for him to be out of the squad as many times. He’s been a positive influence in the dressing room.
“Hopefully I won’t need to bring him on in that we need goals but hopefully that he can join in.”
Callum Rice-Coates8 January 2021 14:07
OLE: ROJO AND ROMERO CAN LEAVE
Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero are free to speak to other clubs and leave Manchester United this month, according to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Both Rojo and Romero have only six months remaining on their Old Trafford contracts and can leave on free transfers at the end of the season.
Romero was left out of United’s 25-man Premier League squad at the start of the campaign, while Rojo was omitted from Solskjaer’s selection for the Champions League.
Jack Rathborn8 January 2021 13:57
BERBATOV: UNITED SHOULD SIGN RAMOS
Sergio Ramos would make an ideal addition to the Manchester United squad if he doesn’t renew his contract with Real Madrid, says Dimitar Berbatov.
The former Spurs and United forward feels the 34-year-old has the attributes which could benefit Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad, though it’s not yet certain that he’ll depart the Santiago Bernabeu.
Reports from Spain suggest the defender has come to an impasse at present with his club over an extension, meaning he’s free to discuss a move with Premier League clubs now for a summer switch.
Jack Rathborn8 January 2021 13:43
PELLISTRI POSITIVE FOR COVID
Manchester United youngster Facundo Pellistri has tested positive for Covid-19.
Pellistri was in contention to play in Saturday’s FA Cup third round tie against Watford at Old Trafford, which could have been his first senior appearance since joining from Penarol in a €10m deal in October.
But the 19-year-old’s representatives Eqipo TMA announced late on Thursday night that Pellistri had returned a positive test for the virus.
Solskjaer confirmed Pellistri’s positive test on Friday, with the youngster observing a period of self-isolationat home and not symptomatic.
Jack Rathborn8 January 2021 13:33